The next EDAS AUCTION will be on
SATURDAYOCTOBER 26th. 2013
in the Waratah Room at the rear of the Whitehorse
(397 Whitehorse Road NUNAWADING Opposite Harvey Norman Melway Ref. 48 G9)
The Auction runs from about 12.30pm until all lots are sold.
Anyone can sell* Anyone can buy
For information ring Daryl on 9874 1850
or e-mail email@example.com
Twice annually EDAS stages the largest Fish and Plant Auctions in the state. The auctions take the place of the monthly meetings in April and October and are held on a Saturday afternoon in the Waratah Room at the Nunawading Arts Precinct, 389 Whitehorse Road Nunwading (opposite Harvey Norman.)
Dates are shown on the calendar page.
These are public auctions open to all comers and anyone can sell and anyone can buy*.
*A commission of 20% applies to all items sold, and to sell, a premium payment equal to a single membership is applied for non- members.
Items sold include fishes, plants, accessories and any item associated with fishkeeping. Prices are usually about half retail cost. Many rare and seldom seen species are often available.
Patrons can come and go at any time, fully licensed cafeteria operates throughout the afternoon.
The auctions are publicised widely and usually attract crowds well in excess of 120.
Likewise in July on a SUNDAY, EDAS in conjunction with other aquarium societies, SOMETIMES holds a Fish Fair where goods are offered to the general public. Participants rent a table in the Waratah Room (see above) and sell direct, commission free. Watch the websites for any announcements regarding the 2014 Fish Fair.
Thus you may have three ideal opportunities, spaced throughout the year, to obtain bargain rates for your supplies whether buying or selling.
1. Goods are sold in boxes of up to 10 lots in each box, accompanied by TWO copies of the official AUCTION SELLER'S SHEET
2. No more thanTHREE boxes per membership. Membership of whatever type, Family, Single,or Concessional entitles three boxes only. No more than THREE lots may be the same in each box
3. NO boxes will be accepted for sale after the commencement of the auction
4. In the event of the stewards needing to rebag a lot a $2 fee may apply
5. ALL LOTS must be the property of the vendor - NO SELLING on behalf of others.
6. Each lot must be clearly labelled with identity and number of contents, reserve price if any, and lot number in the box. ( See Column 1 on sellers sheet)
The use of clear unprinted bags is desirable so fish may be easily viewed. See rule 10.
7. Sellers may enter up to three boxes (30 lots) in the auction. All box number 1's are sold before second boxes, and all box number 2's are sold before any box 3's are put up. This allows all a fair distribution of lots for all.
8. All vendors must arrange to have payouts and unsold lots, if any, collected on the day of the auction. We cannot store fish for later collection.
9. Vendors pay 20% commission on all sales and Non-members will need to pay a premium, equal to a single membership, presently $25, to sell items in the auction.
10. Fish must be in plastic bags - preferably without printing on them to allow easy viewing by scrutineers.
Addicted2Fish Box 4190, Knox City Wantirna Sth,3152 0417 388 399
Age of Aquariums PO Box 1352 Browns Plain QLD 4118 07 3800 5592
Aquarium Industries Lot 21, Shirley Way, Epping. 3076 9409 9300
Aquasonic Pty Ltd P O BOX 211, Wauchope, NSW 2446 02 6586 4933
Aqua-Pics P O Box 2183,Fountain Gate, 3805 0425 710 943
Banksia Greenhouse 530 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna Sth.3152 9801 3550
Boronia Aquarium 262 Dorset Road, Boronia 3155. 9762 2044
Bunarong Aquarium 2/3Overport Road, Frankston 3199 9783 6083
Bundarra Tropicals 8 Prion Close, Blind Bight, 3890 5998 7164
Cichlid Press Aust. 79 King Drive Lancefield, 3435 5429 1516
Coburg Aquarium 222 Bell St, Coburg 3058 9354 5843
Eva Life Aquarium 3 Olsen St. Frankston 3199 9783 2204
Fishy Business 141 Whitehorse Road, Blackburn, 3132 9877 0394
Mad about Pets 58/1880 F’tree Gully Road, F T Gully 3156 9758 8838
MAS Imports 15 Roosevelt St, Coburg, 3058. 9350 2311
Pet Pacific 2/ 40 Jellico Drv,Scoresby,3179 9764 9200
Petstock 441 McDonald Road South Morang 9436 5833
Seachem 8/12 Cecil Road, Hornsby NSW,2007 1300 732 240
Subscape Aquarium 310-312 Victoria Street, R’mond, 3121 9427 0050
Upmarket Aquarium 442 Queen St. Melbourne , 3000 9600 9051
V and L Aquarium 259 High St, Preston.3072 9484 8877
EDAS relies on the generous support of - The Whitehorse City Council and members of the Aquarium trade, as listed above, for assistance. Please support our sponsors for the mutual benefit of club and dealer.